Tuesday, May 22, 2012

ON THE ANATOMY OF EXPRESSION

This is how I feel today...
And this is how you know how I feel today...
I told you expressly in 140 characters on Twitter. People responded. You tweeted back. A lot of people retweeted me because this is how they felt too, today, at this moment, about situations similar to mine.
It made me feel important. I may or may not have replied to you.
I immediately put up a status on my Blackberry.
I also took the trouble of sieving through my priceless collection of Dps (display picture) and chose an appropriate one to go with my status. You sent me a 'hug'. I 'hugged' you back. You may have put up a status of your own consoling me. It made me feel loved and wanted.
I put my feelings up for you to see on Facebook. You commented on it. It made me feel good. Sometimes nobody comments. I get only only one or two 'Likes.' It makes me wonder if my feelings are not good enough. I wonder if I should feel something else. Find a better situation to 'feel about'.
I may have told you about it when we met online. I used smileys to illustrate my point. You responded with similar emoticons. We pinged each other because that's what people who need to talk do these days...
This is how we emote in 2012. This is how we express ourselves. And look, now I wrote a blog post about it. So if you missed it on all the other platforms you caught up with it here...
Now you know how I feel today. Feel free to leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. We're all wretchedly juggling social networking in the air, aren't we? Deep inside, we even hate it. It makes us sick, and yet...
    Am looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have become addicted to reactions to our 'feelings' than maybe just talk about it to someone close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lets think the other way round...since we do not find/rely on someone who is close or does not exist..we share it online to see reactions...im just thinking in layman terms...if in detail a blog would not suffice...

    ReplyDelete